Rava Idli Recipe which is easy and quick Tamil cooking meals.This is one of the best recipe for breakfast as well as for children lunch also because it has lot’s of protein..Idli can make in ways like idli cooker or in microwave idli maker.it’s a problem of many people that idli’s dont come soft and nice.I would to say it’s need little planing to make idli at home.
Serves:4 ! Cooking Time:11 Minutes
- 225 gms Idli rawa
- 225 gms curd
- 20 ml coconut oil
- 2 gms mustard seeds
- 4 nos curry leaves
- 50 gms dry coconut grated
- 1 no green chilli chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp soda-bicarb
- For batter water
- A pinch of hing
- Salt to taste
- Heat half the oil on high power for 1 minute,add half the rawa and microwave for another 2 minutes.Cool down and add only half the quantity of coconut,soda-bicarb and curd to the rawa..Add enough water to get a soft batter consistency.Set this plain batter aside in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- On high power heat the remaining oil for 1 minute,add hing,mustard seeds,green chillies and curry leaves.Microwave on high power for 1 minutes.
- To the above mixture,add the remaining rawa,mix and microwave on high power for 2 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves and salt and mix well.Allow to cool.
- Add the remaining coconut,coriander leaves,curd soda-bicarb and enough water to form a soft batter consistency.Set this masala batter aside in a warm place for 15 minutes.
- Take small microwave proof glass bowls,pour the plain batter first and then top with masala batter.Cover with a damp muslin cloth.
- Microwave on high power for 5 minutes.Serve with plain or masala side on top with hot sambar and coconut chutney.
One can use a microwave proof Idli stand too.